Tonight was Robert's store Christmas party. It was just a minor variation of many previous years. Way too many people in the grocery business drink to excess, and those of us who don't watch with a range of amusement to horror.
Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about is not the party, but that beautiful thing called Love that I can't get enough of.
Our oldest daughter, Vaughn, works for the same company as Robert, so she and Patrick were at the party as well. We all sat together. Vaughn and Pat have been married for eight years and it's still delightful to see them together. They are not sickening with PDA's (public displays of affection for those of you who might not know what a PDA is) but they still hold hands with each other, lean "into" each other's personal space when they talk to each other, and still look deeply into each other's eyes. It's lovely to watch since it's just a quiet and gentle thing.
As her mother it makes me happy to see her happy. And, knowing so much about the horrible first marriage Patrick endured, it makes me happy and proud to see how much he cherishes her. They make a good team.
It gives me yet another reason to believe in Love.
8 comments:
*SIGH.......* What a lovely post Kate! :) And Vaughn and Patrick are two blessed people, I'd say.
It sounds like a wonderful union. I love watching couples like that, wether I know them or not, it's just so heart warming.
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! What a chick flick moment! **wild, cackling laughter**
Seriously, I'm really so happy for Pat and Vaughn. Methinks -- no, I know, because I'e met them -- they deserve their happiness. Good on them!
The Auld Scot
Two Wolves said:
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! What a chick flick moment! **wild, cackling laughter**
You, Wuffie, are a BRAT. BAD WOLF! NO BISCUIT!
I love hearing that, Mel. I wish more of us were as fortunate as you.
Ah, well...I can keep dreaming of my knight in dented armor!
Aw...very sweet (the inspiration and the writing).
And all kinds of flicks have these moments, it's just that in thriller/action/horror/etc. movies, the moment is followed by gunshots/exploding cars/murder/mayhem/demonic possession. Good movies do bad things to people we care about, right? Just sayin'--
Explosions are good....:-D
Orion
Orion bad. Kate good. ;)
Melly I'm like Kate, I love hearing that. I had that once too... unfortunately life was cut off much too soon for him. I'm still blessed in many ways, but I can't say it's the same way. Good for you and hubby!!
Post a Comment