Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Awwwwww......

Tonight I was visiting on the phone with daughter Lyn when Lainie decided to get back out of bed (she's just recently in her "big girl" bed, y'see), so Lyn asked her if she wanted to say hi to Grandma. A little "hi" spoke into the phone with a couple of minutes with some sort of 20 month old kidspeak, which my ear is not tuned finely enough to understand....but when Mom told her to say 'bye', she said "Bye", and I said "Bye, I love you." And the sweet little sound I heard back was "Yub yew". Lyn said she'd never heard her say that before.

What a good birthday gift that kid is....*chuckles*

5 comments:

Jude said...

Awww "yub yew" had to be the sweetest sound for you Kate! LOL

Kate said...

Yeah, my eyeballs got all wet for some reason! LOL

Tracey said...

Oh now that is too cute! How sweet of a surprise for you :)

Kate said...

Isn't that one of the best things about kids? The absolute pureness that is so much a part of the very young. Too badk the world makes a change in that perception as they get older!

Tracey said...

children are the ultimate in unconditional love and acceptance. And I absolutely HATE that it has to change as they grow and mature....